EligibilityNO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to contestants who sign up at the online contest page. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Training Camp, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. [more]
Sounds Like a Great Cause, Now What?
Hopefully now you now understand the realities of veteran unemployment. More importantly, we hope you are willing to help join this cause. So, what can you do from here? Simple. Create and submit to us a viral video that you create to be entered in our contest.
Make it funny, silly, heartwarming or witty. Remember the "Star Wars Kid"? While we are not talking Lucas Film production quality here, this young Jedi has received millions (and millions) of views. For something a bit more fitting, below is an example of a great viral video (although we would prefer you to keep your submissions at a maximum length of one minute). Whether you make it lavish and polished or simple and low-budget, we just want to see some creativity - and realy get this simple point across - HIRING VETERANS MAKES SENSE!.
You understand that your entry will be made public for public voting, then reviewed privately by contest judges. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple e-mail addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Training Camp.
"Ok, so help me get organized. How do I proceed?"
1. Gather your thoughts - draft a 30 to 60 second working script. Here is a great site for some inspiration - detailing some great reasons to hire veterans - http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/01/25/10-top-reasons-to-hire-veterans/
2. Begin the 'casting process'. This is a great time to start recruiting friends, family, coworkers, or even that crazy uncle who has been a little off since Scott Norwood missed his 47-yard field goal attempt at the end of Superbowl XXV.
3. Produce your viral video. We aren't expecting polished perfection, just something maybe funny, outlandish, or even heartwarming that will connect with your audience. Remember, we are trying to do some good here - so don't lose the message. Hiring veterans makes sense - help us spread the word.
4. Fill out the entry form and send us your contest viral video. Give us a call at 800.698.5501 if you have any problems.
5. Come back to this site on September 7th - and spread the word for people to vote for YOUR video (unless you really, really prefer another - then hey, three cheers for honesty)!
6. Winners will be announced on this site on September 18th at 12:00PM.